JOIN OUR STAFF OR VOLUNTEER!
Many of our staff members have described their time at Trail Blazers as one of the most challenging, and yet rewarding, experiences that they have ever had. Our environment is rustic and our standards are high -- read through our website thoroughly to get a good sense of whether Trail Blazers is a good match for you.
Think you have what it takes to be a Trail Blazer?
Our best staff members:
Read more about what it takes to be a successful TBC counselor here: Are you a Trail Blazer at Heart?
- Possess a strong desire to make a difference in the lives of children
- Have an appreciation of and interest in the natural world
- Have previous experience working with children, particularly children from the inner city
- Possess very high levels of enthusiasm, leadership, and patience
- Have obtained, or are pursuing, a degree in education, sociology, psychology, criminal justice, environmental education, outdoor education, or social work
- Are willing and able to facilitate children’s growth in a challenging, rustic environment
- Have previous experience, even if informal, with backpacking, camping, hiking, or other adventure-based activities
- Are at least 19 years old and have had at least one year of post-high school experience
Trail Blazers is hiring for the following positions for the summer of 2015. Detailed descriptions coming soon!
- Group Leaders (Counselors)
- Enablers (Head Counselors)
- Camp Mediator
- Program/Logistics Assistants
- Waterfront Instructors
- Boating Specialist
- Nature/Vagabond Specialists
- Head Chef
- Kitchen Staff
- Wellness Director (Nurse/EMT)
Overseas and interested in joining us? Trail Blazers hires staff from all over the world! You will need to fill out the Trail Blazers application in addition to the application from your exchange agency. Contact us with any questions!
We urge you to learn as much as you can about our program and to think carefully about your goals and reasons for seeking summer camp employment before applying to work at Trail Blazers.
Our registration page will be up and running in December. If you're already convinced that TBC is the place for you, send us an email!
Summer of 2015 Schedule
**Training start dates are tentative**
- Specialist Training begins June 8
- All Staff Training begins June 15
- Session 1: June 28 - July 10
- Session 2: July 12 - July 24
- Session 3: July 27 - August 8
- Session 4: August 10 - August 22
- Staff Final Day: August 24
- Post camp work available after August 24