NOW HIRING FOR SUMMER 2015!
Many of our staff members have described their time at Trail Blazers as one of the most challenging, and yet rewarding, experiences that they have ever had. Our environment is rustic and our standards are high -- read through our website thoroughly to get a good sense of whether Trail Blazers is a good match for you.
Think you have what it takes to be a Trail Blazer?
Our best staff members:
Read more about what it takes to be a successful TBC counselor here: Are you a Trail Blazer at Heart?
- Possess a strong desire to make a difference in the lives of children
- Have an appreciation of and interest in the natural world
- Have previous experience working with children, particularly children from the inner city
- Possess very high levels of enthusiasm, leadership, and patience
- Have obtained, or are pursuing, a degree in education, sociology, psychology, criminal justice, environmental education, outdoor education, or social work
- Are willing and able to facilitate children’s growth in a challenging, rustic environment
- Have previous experience, even if informal, with backpacking, camping, hiking, or other adventure-based activities
- Are at least 19 years old and have had at least one year of post-high school experience
Below is an abbreviated list of the positions we have available. Overseas and interested in joining us? Trail Blazers hires staff from all over the world! You will need to fill out the Trail Blazers application in addition to the application from your exchange agency. Contact us with any questions!
If you are interested in working at Trail Blazers this summer, click here to begin:
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an in-person or Skype interview.
Total summer compensation for domestic staff begins at $2000. Specialist salaries vary and are based on position. All positions include room and board.
Please note that all positions Trail Blazers must be filled by persons age 19 and above, unless you have been invited to apply otherwise.
Specialist Training begins June 8
All Staff Training begins June 15
Session 1: June 28 - July 10
Session 2: July 12 - July 24
Session 3: July 27 - August 8
Session 4: August 10 - August 22
Staff Final Day: August 24
Post camp work available after August 24
Sign in here to make changes to your application, to download forms, or to fill out your Health History.