NOW HIRING FOR SUMMER 2016!
"Well, that was easy!" is certainly NOT something you will be saying in September! On the contrary, many of our staff members describe their time at Trail Blazers as one of the most challenging experiences that they have ever had. Yet the rewards are numerous...you'll walk away from this summer with memories you will never forget and skills you'll be able to use in all areas of your life. Read on to see if Trail Blazers is a good match for you.
Think you have what it takes to be a Trail Blazer?
Our best staff members:
Read more about what it takes to be a successful TBC counselor here: Are you a Trail Blazer at Heart?
- Possess a strong desire to make a difference in the lives of children
- Have an appreciation of and interest in the natural world
- Have previous experience working with children, particularly children from the inner city
- Possess very high levels of enthusiasm, leadership, and patience
- Have obtained, or are pursuing, a degree in education, sociology, psychology, criminal justice, environmental education, outdoor education, or social work
- Are willing and able to facilitate children’s growth in a challenging, rustic environment
- Have previous experience, even if informal, with backpacking, camping, hiking, or other adventure-based activities
- Are at least 19 years old and have had at least one year of post-high school experience
Below is an abbreviated list of the positions we have available. Contact us with any questions!
If you are interested in working at Trail Blazers this summer, click here to begin:
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an in-person or Skype interview.
Total summer compensation for domestic staff begins at $2000. Specialist salaries vary and are based on position. All positions include room and board.
Please note that all positions at Trail Blazers must be filled by persons age 19 and above, unless you have been invited to apply otherwise.
Specialists arrive Monday June 13th
All staff arrive Sunday June 19th
Staff Final Day Sunday August 28
Post camp work available
Sign in here to make changes to your application, to download forms, or to fill out your Health History.